I’m a Scientist starts on Monday, two weeks stuffed with creative questioning, exciting live chats and tenser-than-the-X-Factor eviction days!
Let’s meet the scientists competing for votes in the Food Science Zone and the schools who’ll be challenging them…
Speeding-up internet by developing state of the art electronics.
I make really tiny glass spheres that glow in different colours which can stick to things that shouldn’t be in your blood, that are very good at hide and seek, and the spheres make them easier to be found.
Forensic Science to Cancer Research -the life of a chemistry PhD student.
I’m diagnosing illnesses using laser light.
Fire lasers at really small things and see how they react
- Beaufort College, Navan
- Boyne Community School, Trim
- Colaiste Bhaile Chlair, Claregalway
- Colaiste Mhuire Co-Ed, Thurles
- Dublin Institute of Technology, Dublin
- Gallen Community School, Offaly
- Grange Community College, Donaghmede
- Inver College, Monaghan
- John Scottus Secondary School, Donnybrook
- Loreto Secondary School, Kilkenny
- Shimna Integrated College, Newcastle
- St Mary’s CBS, Portlaoise
- The King’s Hospital, Dublin
This zone is funded by the Science Foundation Ireland Discover Programme.